Thursday, May 22, 2014

"Love Hurts" - Melody & Harmony

So this is my first attempt at transcribing the vocal melody and harmony part. It took me a while and I listened through the song probably over a hundred times! Anyway, aside from a few notes where I really had a hard time hearing the harmony note, I believe it's accurate.


The few areas where I have my doubts:

  • The "to" on "to take a lot of pain", the "I've" in "I've really learned a lot", and the "I" in "I know it isn't true". They are all the same note but I cannot pick out the harmony note in the recording. I basically guessed that it follows the melody (a major third above the melody note). If you can hear the note and it differs from what I wrote, please let me know.

  • The only other area I'm slightly doubtful is the first few notes of the bridge. I really listened to this section over and over so I'm pretty sure it's right (even though there is a tri-tone interval on the word "fools").

No comments:

Post a Comment